All pupils should wear school uniform as we believe that it builds a sense of belonging and develops a pride in their school.
Uniform with the school logo, can be purchased from Clubsport (Kington) or from My Clothing - online at www.myclothing.com entering ‘Almeley Primary School’ in the search bar. Alternatively, you can purchase school uniform from Asda, Tesco and Morrisons. The School/PTFA also have lots of second hand uniform, please ask at the school office.
A book bag is provided for each of our new children by the school. This is a valuable link between school and home It will also contain items such as sound cards, tricky words, reading books and a reading diary.
School uniform is as follows:-
- Navy/grey skirt, dress, shorts or trousers
- Jade polo shirt
- Navy sweatshirt/cardigan
- In summer, pupils can wear checked or striped blue dress
- Sturdy well-fitting, dark in colour school shoes. For safety reasons please do not wear open toe sandals or slip on shoes.
- Navy polo shirt
- Black/Navy shorts or skort
- Inexpensive trainers are recommended rather than pumps
- A drawstring bag
- For winter, plain dark tracksuit bottoms or leggings
- Navy PE hoody
- In Reception Year, we prefer footwear to have elasticated or Velcro fastening, as it is very time consuming to have to tie and untie laces for the whole class!
- Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school every day, and if possible in a named drawstring bag to hang on their peg in the cloakroom.
- Please ensure that ALL items are clearly named, preferably with iron/sewn in tags. Biro etc. washes out quite quickly so please use a permanent pen if marking this way. It is also helpful to show your child where their property is labelled so that they can identify it for themselves. Please encourage your child to dress and undress independently. Children should also be able to manage their own personal hygiene. We do have a small reserve of items in the event of any ‘accidents’, but a spare pair of their own underwear, in their PE bag, would be useful.
- Pupils in Class 2 and 3 can wear their PE uniform to school on their allocated PE days.
- Pupils in Class 1 will need to leave their PE kit in school, this will be sent home at the end of each half-term or when dirty whichever comes first.
For safety reasons, children should not wear jewellery to school. Children with pierced ears may wear small studs, providing that parents accept full responsibility in the event of any related accident. Pupils should not wear earrings on PE days. Children will be asked to remove any jewellery that breaches safety requirements